If you do not pay your fine on your court date, the court may:
- Impose late fees (Arizona law requires a $20.00 additional penalty if the fine/sanction is not paid in full by your appearance date or on your sentencing date. Other late fees may be imposed in accordance with local ordinance).
- Suspend your driver license and that information is available to your auto insurance company, which may cause your rates to increase.
- Issue a warrant for your arrest and your warrant will go into the regional law enforcement warrant system.
- Notify a credit bureau about your bad debt and place your future credit at risk.
- Seize your wages, tax refunds, bank accounts or personal property such as your car if nonexempt.
- Notify a collection agency who will take action, on behalf of the court, to collect the unpaid balance.