(c) Request to rezone approximately 1.1 acres located on the south side of Speedway Boulevard approximately 325 feet west of Caribe Avenue. Applicant: Mr. David Mason, on behalf of the property owner, 6700 E. Speedway LLC. The preliminary development plan is for a 9,500 square-foot one-story office building. The Planning Department and Zoning Examiner recommend approval of O-1 zoning, subject to certain conditions. The City Manager recommends approval of O-1 zoning, subject to the following conditions.
1. A development plan, in substantial compliance with the Preliminary Development Plan, the Design Compatibility Report and the Environmental Resource Report, shall be submitted for review and approval in accordance with Section 5.3.8 of the LUC, including, but not limited to:
a. A maximum building height of sixteen (16) feet.
b. One vehicular access point to Speedway Boulevard.
c. Preservation of a twenty (20) foot wide vegetative buffer adjacent to Rose Hill Wash.
d. Preservation of a ten (10) foot wide vegetative buffer along the west boundary.
2. A drainage report shall be submitted for review and approval, including documentation of compliance with the WASH Ordinance requirements.
3. Water harvesting techniques shall be utilized by conveying rooftop, parking area access lane (PAAL), and parking area drainage to designated water harvesting area.
4. The owner/developer shall construct a six (6) foot wide sidewalk on the Speedway Boulevard frontage.
5. Any required or proposed masonry screen walls shall be constructed of, or painted with, graffiti-resistant materials. Those screen walls visible from the public right-of-way shall incorporate one of the following decorative materials: (a) tile, (b) stone, (c) brick, (d) textured brick/block, (e) a coarse-textured material such as stucco or plaster, or (f) a combination of the above materials. In addition, any continuous wall visible from the public right-of-way and greater than 75 feet in length and 3 feet in height shall vary the wall alignment (jog, curve, notch, or setback, etc.) and include trees or shrubs in the voids created by the variations.
6. All outdoor lighting shall be directed down and away from residential parcels and public roadways and be as low in elevation as possible.
7. All dumpsters and loading spaces shall be placed at least fifty (50) feet from residentially zoned property.
8. An on-the-ground survey by a qualified archeologist shall be performed before any ground modification occurs. Any archeological/cultural remains encountered during ground modification activities shall be mitigated in accordance with guidelines provided by the Arizona State Museum.
9. All areas identified as natural open space or other designated open space, such as vegetated area adjacent to the Rose Hill Wash, are to be fenced off and protected prior to any on-site development activity.
10. "Safe by Design" concepts shall be incorporated in the development plan for review by the Tucson Police Department.
11. Copies of all applicable deed restrictions shall be included with all submittals for development review.
12. The owner/developer shall offer to meet with affected neighborhood associations and property owners a minimum of one week prior to development review submittals. The applicant shall include evidence of neighborhood contract (meeting invitation, notification list, sign-in sheet, and meeting summary.)
13. Any relocation, modification, etc., of existing utilities and/or public improvements necessitated by the proposed development shall be at no expense to the public.
14. Compliance with all Code requirements and conditions of rezoning by April 10, 2005.
Eighteen (18) written approvals and one (1) written protest have been received. The protest does not indicate a reason and is located outside of the 150-foot protest area.
A simple majority vote will be necessary to adopt an ordinance rezoning the subject property once the conditions of rezoning are met.