1. ROLL CALL
2. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
INVOCATION - Bishop Daniel Goodman, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - led by Boy Scout Troop #101
(a) Presentation of Public Access Grant awards to Tucson-Pima Arts Council, Information and Referral Services, Inc., Friends of the Tucson-Pima Public Library and Easter Seal Society of Arizona, Inc.
3. CONSENT AGENDA - ITEMS A THROUGH J
SEE THE CONSENT AGENDA
Matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired by members of the governing body, that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.
A liquor license application will automatically be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered as a separate item by the Mayor and Council if either of the following occurs: A protest against a liquor license application has been received by the City Clerk; OR, A City staff report recommends denial of a liquor license application.
4. PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT: PRINCE ROAD, I-10 TO FIRST AVENUE DISTRICT LIGHTING IMPROVEMENT
(a) Report from City Manager MAY22-00-289 WIII
(b) Declaration of Bids received by City Clerk and the Superintendent of Streets on April 27, 2000. Recommendation for award of contract provided by Superintendent of Streets.
(c) Award of Construction Contract to Contractor's West.
5. WATER: UPDATED TUCSON WATER FINANCIAL PLAN FOR FISCAL YEAR 2000 THROUGH FISCAL YEAR 2005
(a) Report from City Manager MAY22-00-281 CITY-WIDE/OUTSIDE CITY
(b) Resolution No. 18609 relating to the Tucson Water Financial Plan for the period from fiscal year 2000 to fiscal year 2005, and to an increase in water rates charged by the City of Tucson.
The City Manager recommends that the Mayor and Council:
1. Adopt Resolution No. 18609 approving the updated Tucson Water FY 2000-FY 2005 Financial Plan.
2. Continue to maintain a differential between reclaimed rates and potable rates.
(However, should the Mayor and Council decide that reclaimed rates should be raised to equal potable rates, staff will return on June 5 with another resolution also approving the same FY 2000-FY 2005 Financial Plan, but stipulating that a portion of the approved increases in the Plan is to be met by pricing reclaimed water at potable rates.)
6. PUBLIC HEARING: TUCSON CODE, AMENDING (CHAPTER 27) RELATING TO WATER; INCREASING ADDING OR CHANGING SERVICE FEES
(a) Report from City Manager MAY22-00-280 CITY-WIDE/OUTSIDE CITY
(c) Ordinance No. 9388 relating to water; amending the Tucson Code, Chapter 27: Section 27-16.2 Permit for construction water, Section 27-16.2(2), Permit conditions for construction water; Section 27-35, Charges for installation of water service connections; Section 27-37, Agreements for construction of water facilities authorized; Section 27-38.1, Provisions for refund of cost of water mains or facilities funded and installed by the City under certain conditions authorized; Section 27.41.1, Accommodation and standby water service; Section 27-43, Charge when meter not registering properly; Section 27-50, Discontinuing service for non-payment; Section 27-51, Resuming service after discontinued for nonpayment or violations; Section 27-54, Returned checks; and setting an effective date.
The City Manager recommends that the Mayor and Council:
1. Adopt Ordinance 9388 increasing, adding, or otherwise changing service fees in the Code; and
2. Establish Monday, June 26, 2000, as the effective date for the fee changes.
7. PUBLIC HEARING: MAJOR STREETS AND ROUTES PLAN AMENDMENT - ROGER ROAD/TUCSON BOULEVARD AND PRUDENCE ROAD
(a) Report from City Manager MAY22-00-293 WIII & WIV
(c) Ordinance No. 9389 relating to planning and zoning; updating and amending the Major Streets and Routes (MS&R) Plan map deleting a portion of Roger Road and Tucson Boulevard and reducing the right-of-way of Prudence Road between 22nd Street and Escalante Road.
8. PUBLIC HEARING: CATALINA FOOTHILLS SUBREGIONAL PLAN AMENDMENT - RIVER/CAMPBELL - ADDING LAND USE MAP DETAIL #5
(a) Report from City Manager MAY22-00-294 WIII
(c) Resolution No. 18611 relating to planning and zoning; amending the Catalina Foothills Subregional Plan, and declaring an emergency.
9. PUBLIC HEARING: TUCSON CODE ADDING (CHAPTER 23A) LAND USE CODE RELATING TO TRANSFER OF REVIEW AUTHORITY AND DEVELOPMENT COMPLIANCE REVIEWS
(a) Report from City Manager MAY22-00-295 CITY-WIDE
(c) Ordinance No. 9392 relating to zoning: Amending Chapter 23, The Land Use Code, Article I. General Provisions: Division 1. Introduction, Division 2. Interpretation; Article II. Zones: Division 8. Overlay Zones; Article III. Development Regulations: Division 2. Development Criteria, Division 3. Motor Vehicle and Bicycle Parking Requirements, Division 5. Performance Criteria, Division 6. Development Incentives, Division 7. Landscaping and Screening Regulations, Division 8. Native Plant Preservation; Article IV. Subdivisions: Division 1. Generally, Division 2. Minor Subdivisions, Division 3. Land Splits; Article V. Administration: Division 1. Powers and Duties, Division 3. Special Development Applications, Division 4. Procedures, Division 5. Compliance and Enforcement; Article VI. Definitions: Division 2. Listing of Words and Terms; adding a new Chapter 23A to establish Development Compliance Review Procedures; and setting an effective date.
The City Manager recommends that the Mayor and Council adopt Ordinance 9392.
10. PUBLIC HEARING: INFILL DEVELOPMENT FEE WAIVER PROGRAM
(a) Report from City Manager MAY22-00-296 CITY-WIDE
(c) Ordinance No. 9390 relating to commercial infill development; providing for the waiver of certain development related fees for commercial remodelings for small businesses and residential infill development excluded from the provisions of Ordinance No. 9269.
11. PUBLIC HEARING: AMENDING DEVELOPMENT SERVICES DEPARTMENT FEES FOR DEVELOPMENT AND PLAN REVIEW, CODE REVIEW AND PERMITS
(a) Report from City Manager MAY22-00-297 CITY-WIDE
(c) Ordinance No. 9391 relating to fees for building and development; amending fees charged by the Development Services Department for development and plan review, code review and permits.
12. APPOINTMENTS TO BOARDS, COMMISSIONS AND COMMITTEES
13. CALL TO THE AUDIENCE, for persons desiring to speak.
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Mayor and Council will be held on Monday, June 5, 2000, at 2:00 p.m., in the Mayor and Council Chambers, 255 West Alameda, Tucson, Arizona.