A. FINANCE: CONTINGENCY FUND TRANSFER TO THE EDUCATIONAL ENRICHMENT FOUNDATION FOR SUN TRAN BUS PASSES
(1) Report from City Manager SEPT5-00-487 CITY-WIDE
(2) Resolution No. 18696 relating to finance; approving and authorizing the transfer of nine thousand six hundred dollars from the Contingency Fund to Organization 001-183-1838-268, for the Educational Enrichment Foundation.
B. FINAL PLAT: (S99-051) RICHMOND AMERICAN HOMES AT RITA RANCH, LOTS 1 THROUGH 154 AND COMMON AREAS "A-1, A-2", "B-1.1, B-1.2" AND "B-2" THROUGH "B-6", A RESIDENTIAL CLUSTER PROJECT SUBDIVISION
(1) Report from City Manager SEPT5-00-488 WIV
(2) The City Manager recommends that, after the approval of the assurance agreement, the Mayor and Council approve the final plat as presented. The applicant is advised that building/occupancy permits are subject to the availability of water/sewer capacity at the time of actual application.
C. ASSURANCE AGREEMENT: RICHMOND AMERICAN HOMES AT RITA RANCH, LOTS 1 THROUGH 154 AND COMMON AREAS "A1, A-2", "B1.1, B1.2" AND "B-" THROUGH "B6" (S99-051)
(1) Report from City Manager SEPT5-00-489 WIV
(2) Resolution No. 18697 relating to planning: Authorizing the Mayor to execute an assurance agreement securing the completion of improvements required in connection with the approval of a final plat for the Richmond American Homes at Rita Ranch Subdivision, Lots 1 to 154 and Common Areas A1, A2, B1.1, B1.2, and B2 through B6.
D. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
June 19, 2000
June 26, 2000
E. PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT: FLOWING WELLS ROAD, ROGER ROAD TO MIRACLE MILE DISTRICT SIDEWALK IMPROVEMENT
(1) Report from City Manager SEPT5-00-491 WI & WIII
(2) City Engineer submits plans, specifications, assessment diagram and cost estimates.
(3) Resolution No. 18645. A Resolution of the Mayor and Council of the City of Tucson, declaring its intention to improve by the construction of sidewalk, approving assessment district diagram, determining that the proposed work or improvement is of more than local or ordinary public benefit, and determining that improvement bonds be issued by the City of Tucson to represent the costs and expenses thereof, under the provisions of Title 48, Chapter 4, Article 2, Arizona Revised Statutes and Amendments and Supplements thereto, said improvement to be known as the "Flowing Wells Road, Roger Road to Miracle Mile District Sidewalk Improvement," all being within the City of Tucson, Arizona.
F. REAL PROPERTY: VACATION, EXCHANGE AND ACQUISITION OF RIGHTS-OF-WAY; ROGER ROAD, FROM CAMPBELL AVENUE TO TUCSON BOULEVARD AND JACKSON AVENUE CUL-DE-SAC BY CONDEMNATION
(1) Report from City Manager SEPT5-00-492 WIII
(2) Ordinance No. 9448 relating to real property; vacating and declaring certain portions of City-owned right-of-way to be surplus, and authorizing the conveyance and/or exchange thereof to certain adjacent property owners; authorizing the City Attorney to condemn, if necessary, right-of-way for a cul-de-sac on north Jackson Avenue.
G. INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT: WITH PIMA COUNTY FOR CONSTRUCTION OF RIVER ROAD AT FIRST AVENUE TO CAMPBELL AVENUE, AND PETITION FOR ESTABLISHMENT OF RIVER ROAD AS A COUNTY HIGHWAY
(1) Report from City Manager SEPT5-00-493 WIII
(2) Resolution No. 18698 relating to the execution of an intergovernmental agreement between the City of Tucson and Pima County for construction of River Road at First Avenue to Campbell Avenue and petition for establishment of River Road as a County Highway.
H. PLANNING AND ZONING: ADDING GUIDELINES INADVERTENTLY OMITTED IN RESOLUTION NO. 18078 ADOPTED ON OCTOBER 12, 1998, AMENDING THE ALVERNON BROADYWAY AREA PLAN
I. REAL PROPERTY: VACATING PORTIONS OF 9TH AVENUE RIGHT-OF-WAY FOR CONSTRUCTION OF FUTURE LOW INCOME HOUSING
(1) Report from City Manager SEPT5-00-495 WVI
(2) Ordinance No. 9449 relating to real property; vacating certain portions of Ninth Avenue Right-of-way.
J. INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT AMENDMENT: WITH PIMA COUNTY FOR THE PROVISION OF JURORS
(1) Report from City Manager SEPT5-00-496 CITY-WIDE
(2) Resolution No. 18700 relating to intergovernmental agreements; approving and authorizing execution of a second amendment to the intergovernmental agreement with Pima County Superior Court for the provision of City Court jurors.
K. INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT AMENDMENT: WITH THE ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC SECURITY FOR TITLE XX SOCIAL SERVICES BLOCK GRANT FUNDS FOR FISCAL YEAR 2000-2001
(1) Report from City Manager SEPT5-00-497 CITY-WIDE
(2) Resolution No. 18701 relating to intergovernmental agreement with Arizona Department of Economic Security for Federal Social Services Block Grant of Title XX Funds for Fiscal Year 2000-2001; amending that existing agreement; City Community Services Department.
L. PARKS AND RECREATION: INVESTMENT THROUGH CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE LOS AMIGOS FUND AND FEASIBILITY OF ESTABLISHING A COMMUNITY CREDIT CARD FOR THE CITY OF TUCSON
(1) Report from City Manager SEPT5-00-499 CITY-WIDE
The City Manager recommends approval of the Los Amigos Fund to the citizens of the City of Tucson for the purpose of increasing the existing fund for charitable contributions to City departments. Additionally, staff is directed to research the feasibility of establishing a community credit card for the City of Tucson in order to provide additional funds through transactions at restaurants, theaters, stores, etc.
M. INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENTS: WITH PIMA COUNTY THROUGH THE NEIGHBORHOOD REINVESTMENT PROGRAM
(1) Report from City Manager SEPT5-00-500 WI, WIII, WIV & WV
(2) Resolution No. 18702 relating to parks and recreation; authorizing and approving intergovernmental agreements with Pima County to provide neighborhood reinvestment bond funds.
N. INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT: WITH THE CITY OF SOUTH TUCSON AND THE RIO NUEVO MULTIPURPOSE FACILITIES DISTRICT SETTING FORTH CERTAIN OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES, AND AMENDING THE ADMINISTRATIVE RULES OF THE DISTRICT
(1) Report from City Manager SEPT5-00-501 CITY-WIDE
(2) Resolution No. 18703 relating to Rio Nuevo Multipurpose Facilities District; authorizing and approving execution of an intergovernmental agreement between and among the City of Tucson, the City of South Tucson and the Rio Nuevo Multipurpose Facilities District setting forth certain obligations of the parties, and amending the administrative rules of the District.
O. INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT: WITH THE TUCSON UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT FOR DEVELOPMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF PARKS AND RECREATION FACILITIES AT CORBETT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
(1) Report from City Manager SEPT5-00-503 WIV
(2) Resolution No. 18704 relating to intergovernmental agreements; approving and authorizing execution of an intergovernmental agreement with the Tucson Unified School District for development and maintenance of Parks and Recreation facilities at Corbett Elementary School.
P. CABLE COMMUNICATIONS: AMENDMENT TO NON-EXCLUSIVE LICENSE AGREEMENT WITH 360NETWORKS (USA), INC. FOR LONG DISTANCE TELECOMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES IN PUBLIC RIGHTS-OF-WAY
(1) Report from City Manager SEPT5-00-505 CITY-WIDE
(2)Ordinance No. 9451 relating to interstate telecommunications, authorizing the amendment to the non-exclusive right-of-way license pursuant to Tucson Code Chapter 7B to 360Networks (USA) Inc., a Nevada Corporation.
Q. INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT: WITH THE TOWN OF ORO VALLEY FOR THE PROVISION OF FIXED ROUTE BUS SERVICE AND ADA ELIGIBILITY SERVICES
(1) Report from City Manager SEPT5-00-506 OUTSIDE CITY
(2) Resolution No. 18705 relating to transportation; approving and authorizing execution of an intergovernmental agreement between the City of Tucson and the Town of Oro Valley for the provision of mass transit and ADA Eligibility Services to Oro Valley residents.
R. ATTORNEY: APPOINTMENT OF CITY ATTORNEY
S. ELECTIONS: CALLING A CHARTER AMENDMENT SPECIAL ELECTION ON NOVEMBER 7, 2000
(1) Report from City Manager SEPT5-00-513 CITY-WIDE
T. LIQUOR LICENSES
A liquor license application will automatically be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered as a separate item by the Mayor and Council if either of the following occurs: A protest against a liquor license application has been received by the City Clerk; OR, A City staff report recommends denial of a liquor license application.
(1) Report from City Manager SEPT5-00-502
(2)TUCSON SYMPHONY WOMEN'S ASSOCIATION, Applicant: Mary Anne Fay, 3700 E. Fort Lowell Road, SPECIAL EVENT, City No. T069-00, WIII
(3)RAYTHEON HISPANIC EMPLOYEE ASSOCIATION, Applicant: Angelina R. Garcia, 3700 S. La Cholla Blvd., SPECIAL EVENT, City No. T077-00, WI
(4)ARIZONA THEATRE COMPANY, Applicant: James E. Cook, 330 S. Scott Ave., SPECIAL EVENT, City No. T079-00, WVI
(5)SOCIETY FOR BEVEL INTENTIONS/MAT BEVEL INSTITUTE, Applicant: Ned W. Schaper, 530 N. Stone Ave., SPECIAL EVENT, City No. T080-00, WVI
(6)LAS FAMILIAS, Applicant: Glenna M. Kornegay, 900 N. Circle D Way, SPECIAL EVENT, City No. T081-00, WII
(7)ST. MARGARET'S PARISH, Applicant: Rev. Gilbert M. Levario, 801 N. Grande Ave., SPECIAL EVENT, City No. T082-00, WI
(8)SUN SOUNDS RADIO READING SERVICE, Applicant: Mitzi M. Tharin, 3400 E. Camino Campestre, SPECIAL EVENT, City No. T083-00, WVI
(9)TUCSON LESBIAN & GAY ALLIANCE, Applicant: Cheryl C. Froeschke, The DeMeester Performance Center Reid Park, SPECIAL EVENT, City No. T084-00, WVI
(10)ST. AMBROSE, Applicant: James P. Fallon, 300 S. Tucson Blvd., SPECIAL EVENT, City No. T085-00, WV
(11)SOUTH TUCSON LIONS, Applicant: Fernando Acevedo, 4825 S. 6th Ave., SPECIAL EVENT, City No. T086-00, WV
(12)N. FOURTH AVENUE MERCHANTS ASSOCIATION, Applicant: Daniel G. Matlick, 4th Ave. & 9th St., SPECIAL EVENT, City No. T078-00, WVI
(13)ROOSTER INN, Applicant: Roberta C. Bell, 5122 S. Nogales Hwy., TEMPORARY EXTENSION OF PREMISES, City No. EP36-00, WV
PROTEST(S) RECEIVED (ALSO SEE CITY NO. EP37-00)
(14)ROOSTER INN, Applicant: Roberta C. Bell, 5122 S. Nogales Hwy., PERMANENT EXTENSION OF PREMISES, City No. EP37-00, WV
(15)'TOMA' EL CHARRO, Applicant: Raymond C. Flores, 6310 E. Broadway Blvd., TEMPORARY EXTENSION OF PREMISES, City No. EP38-00, WIV
(16)TAMALEZ AT LA PLACITA, Applicant: Brenda Z. Silvas, 110 S. Church Ave., #7136, TEMPORARY EXTENSION OF PREMISES, City No. EP40-00, WVI
(17)WEE WENT WONGS, Applicant: Hector R. Rodriquez, 4844 E. 22nd St., TEMPORARY EXTENSION OF PREMISES, City No. EP41-00, WV
(18)M & K MARKET, Applicant: Maqsood Ahmad, 2520 N. 15th Ave., PERSON TRANSFER, Series 9, City No. 076-00, WIII
(19)M & K MARKET, Applicant: Maqsood Ahmad, 2520 N. 15th Ave., NEW LICENSE, Series 10, City No. 077-00, WIII
(20)THE SPOTT, Applicant: Robert Gant III, 6211 E. 22nd St., PERSON TRANSFER, Series 6, City No. 078-00, WIV
(21)TRADER JOE'S #88, Applicant: David R. Radcliffe, 4766 E. Grant Rd., NEW LICENSE, Series 10, City No. 079-00, WVI
MAYOR AND COUNCIL CONSENT AGENDA
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2000
MAYOR AND COUNCIL CHAMBERS
255 W. ALAMEDA
CONSENT AGENDA ITEM NO. 3-S HAS BEEN AMENDED AND REGULAR AGENDA ITEM 12 HAS BEEN ADDED:
S. ELECTIONS: CALLING A CHARTER AMENDMENT SPECIAL ELECTION ON NOVEMBER 7, 2000
(1) Report from City Manager SEPT5-00-513(2) CITY-WIDE
ADDED (2) Ordinance No. 9453 relating to Elections; calling a Special Election to be held on November 7, 2000 for the purpose of submitting to the qualified electors of the City of Tucson, Arizona a question relating to amending the City Charter, Chapter XVII, to add a new Section 17, concerning the requirement for Franchise Elections; and declaring an emergency.