All City of Tucson Employees, COT Employee Household Family Members, and Contract Employees can now be voluntarily tested for COVID-19 through our contracted medical providers.
(COT Employees, their household family members, and Contract Employees who use contracted providers will incur no out-of-pocket expense):
- Evolve Tactical Occupational Health for Commissioned Police Officers and Firefighters
- MBI Industrial Medicine for all other Non-Commissioned City employees
- El Rio Health for any City Employees, City Employee Household Family Members, and Contract Employees
The testing is available by appointment only! Walk-in testing is not available.
To schedule a testing appointment:
- Fill out the COVID-19 Testing form.
(For those employees without computer access please connect with your departmental HR team to fill out the form)
- Select an option for who will be getting the testing
- City Employee
- Contract Employee - Please select the company you work for or "other" in the drop down box that will open once selected
- Member of a City Employee Household- Please provide the information requested in the boxes that will open once selected
- Print the completed form and take it to your appointment with your selected provider
- Schedule your appointment using the provider contact options below
Commissioned Police Officers and Firefighters may contact:
Evolve Tactical Occupational Health
By phone at 795-1098 or schedule an appointment online at www.evolvetactical.com, and then click on the bar (example below) at the top of the page
All other Non-Commissioned City Employees may contact:
MBI Industrial Medicine
By phone from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at either of their two locations:
- Palmdale Tucson Clinic (1001 East Palmdale) 807-1060
- Grant Tucson Clinic (1661 W. Grant Rd) 207-0663
Any City Employee, all City Employee Household Family Members, and Contract Employees may contact:
El Rio Health
By phone from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday – Friday and 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays at (520) 309-2819
- Please inform the Patient Communications Representative that you are a City of Tucson Employee, a COT Employee Family Member, or a Contract Employee
- In-person appointments are available at any one of three locations
- Congress, 839 W. Congress St
- Cherrybell, 1230 S. Cherrybell Stravenue
- Southeast, 6950 E. Golf Links Rd.
- Drive-thru appointments can be scheduled at the El Pueblo location Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. – 10 a.m. and the Congress location Monday through Saturday from 7 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- To view printable information follow this link to the El Rio Health pdf
Unless medically indicated, you will only be authorized for one test. The City will not be providing weekly/monthly testing.
Employees who believe they are experiencing symptoms, or a work-related exposure, should continue to follow the currently established City / Workers Compensation reporting process through their supervisor or HR representative.
Positive employee test results will be reported to the Pima County Health Department and to City of Tucson HR who will follow up with employees on next steps.
Positive employee family member and contract employee test results will be reported to the Pima County Health Department.
For questions, please contatct Maria Robinson, Safety Manager, via email at Maria.Robinson@tucsonaz.gov or via text / phone at (520) 850-6008
Printable PDF Program Information
Voluntary COVID-19 Testing for Contract Employees PDF