Trash is collected once each week. The total cost of this service ranges from $15.00 to $16.75, depending on the container size. To order service or report any problem, please call Customer Service at 520-791-3171.
Most residents have a green garbage container collected at the curb. Collection times vary.
- Set out container by 6 a.m. on your collection day.
- Place container within one foot of the curb and leave at least three feet between containers.
- Place container with lid opening towards the street.
- Place the containers at least three feet away from parked cars, mailboxes, and other obstacles.
- Do not leave your containers at the curb on non-service days and put away after service.
Some areas share a 300-gallon container located in the alley. Please be considerate of your neighbors and only use your share of the bin.
Report any damaged alley containers by calling Customer Service at 520-791-3171.
- Do not move or relocate the container.
- Do not place bulky items, such as furniture, building materials, dirt or rocks, in or next to the containers.
- Please use only your share of space in the container. Each resident is allotted 1/3 of the alley container.
- Container lids must be facing the center of the alley.
Trash Tips and Info
- For safety reasons, please keep children away from trash containers and collection trucks.
- Do not overfill containers. Overfilled containers create litter and may not be serviceable.
- The City will only service containers provided by the City. Do not set out garbage in other cans, boxes, or receptacles.
- Containers are assigned to the property address; please leave for the next resident if you move.
- Never place hot ashes, cinders, coals, or other burning material in garbage containers.
- Only dispose of yard waste if it fits in the container with the lid closed
Please do not use trash containers for car or truck tires, dirt, concrete, building materials, large carpet rolls, unwrapped animal waste, large items such as furniture, water heaters, etc. If you have trash that doesn't fit in your container, you can take it to Los Reales Sustainability Campus, wait until your Brush & Bulky collection, or request a special collection for a fee.
Please do not place hazardous or toxic waste in your trash bin. The City provides other ways to properly dispose of these items. Visit the Household Hazardous Waste program for more information!
Residents who repeatedly violate the rules and regulations may incur a service fee on their utility service bill or be subject to court imposed fees.
Suspension of Service Program
Residential customers may temporarily suspend their EGSD trash and recycling collection services for up to eight consecutive months. EGSD will collect the trash and recycling containers at the start of the suspension, and return them when the customer requests at the end. At the time of the suspension request, a $40 fee will be charged for the removal and re-delivery of the containers. If the customer has not restarted service after eight months, EGSD will restart the charges, and containers will be returned as soon as the customer's request is received. Suspension of Service is not available to customers with alley service because the shared containers cannot be removed.
While a suspension is active, the customer may not use any EGSD services, including using someone else’s containers or Brush & Bulky service. Customers who violate this rule will be billed the full service fees for the entire suspension period, and a $50.00 account reconciliation fee will be assessed.