The City of Tucson Housing and Community Development Department is pleased to issue this Request for Qualifications (RFQ) to developers interested in leasing, developing, and managing one or both of two City-owned properties in the City of Tucson, Arizona. The City is interested in partnering with developers to provide affordable housing units on these properties compatible with the history and character of their host neighborhoods, utilizing long-term ground leases with the City.
Recognizing the ongoing housing crisis, the City is seeking to have the Properties developed in a manner that produces as many affordable housing units in the most expedient manner possible, while incorporating the host neighborhoods’ visions for the Properties. The City encourages development teams that have demonstrated experience in creative approaches to affordable for-sale or rent-to-own housing that can deliver a high-quality development project that meets the City’s goals in a timely manner to submit a proposal under this RFQ.
All submittals must be received by no later than 11:59 p.m., MST on Monday, April 11, 2022.
Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 1:30 pm
- Development Prototype Financial Feasibility Analysis – Menlo Park and Dunbar Spring
- Dunbar Spring Neighborhood Design Guidelines (Attachment 1-B)
- Dunbar Spring Walkability Report 2014 (Attachment 1-A)
- Westmoreland Neighborhood Survey Results and Summary (Attachment 2-A)
- Dunbar Spring Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment
- Westmoreland Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment
Questions and requests for clarification related to the interpretation of this RFQ shall be submitted in writing by e-mail prior to 5:00 p.m., (MST) on March 30, 2022 to Sarah.Meggison@tucsonaz.gov.
Final responses to questions will be posted here by April 4, 2022.
RFQ Questions & Answers (as of 3/22/22)