Volunteer on a City Board, Committee, or Commission

If you have knowledge or expertise in an area that could be an asset to local government, consider serving on a City board, committee, or commission (BCC) created by the Mayor and Tucson City Council to help the body with decision making.

Appointments are available on the Bicycle Advisory Committee, Commission on Public Service and Compensation, Commission on Disability, Transportation Advisory Committee, Women’s Commission, Water Advisory Committee, and others.

BCC members are appointed by the mayor or a council member. They serve without pay and must be residents of Tucson. Terms are usually for four years, and meeting attendance and participation are crucial.