Volunteer on a City Board, Committee, or Commission

If you have knowledge or expertise in an area that could be an asset to local government and fellow city residents, consider serving on a City board, committee, or commission (BCC) created by the Mayor and Tucson City Council to help them with decision making.

Appointments are available on the Bicycle Advisory Committee, Commission on Disability Issues, Tucson-Pima County Historical Commission, Environmental Services Advisory Committee, Water Advisory Committee, and others.

BCC members are appointed by the mayor or a council member, and in some cases a Pima County supervisor. BCC members serve without pay and must be residents of Tucson or Pima County, if noted. Terms are usually for four years, and meeting attendance and participation are crucial.