Hooding Parking Meters in Downtown, 4th Avenue, Main Gate Square, or University Areas
Park Tucson can reserve metered parking spaces for you if you need them for construction or to hold a special event in the Downtown, 4th Avenue, or University areas. We will place a red canvas hood over the meter head, indicating it as a No Parking space, and issue you a permit to use the space for either construction parking or for the special event. We will provide enforcement to prevent others from using the space you've reserved. We ask that you notify all neighboring businesses that may be impacted by the request. The following fees apply:
- Construction Rate: $9.00/meter per day, 7 days/week
- Non-profit Special Event Rate: $4.50/meter per day, Monday to Friday; $3.00/meter per day, Saturday and Sunday
- Accessible meters: $25.00/meter per day
- Late request for hooding the meters (less than 24 hours prior): $20
- Request for service or enforcement outside of normal business hours: $20
Fees may be paid by mail (checks or money orders only) or by phone (credit or debit card).
Reserving A Loading Zone In Downtown, 4th Avenue, or Main Gate Square
If you need to reserve a loading zone to support construction activity or hold a special event , contact Park Tucson at (520) 791-5071 or ParkTucson@tucsonaz.gov. We will install a temporary sign over the existing loading zone sign, and we will provide enforcement to prevent others from using the space. The following fees apply:
- Reserving a Loading Zone: $25.00/day
- Late request for reserving the loading zone (less than 24 hours prior): $20.00
- Request for service or enforcement outside of normal business hours: $20.00
Fees may be paid in person at 110 E. Pennington Street, #150 during business hours, by mail (checks or money orders only) or by phone (credit or debit card).
Street Closures And Barricading
Contact the City of Tucson Department of Transportation & Mobility's Engineering Division, Permits and Codes Section at (520) 791-5100.