- Stay alert to your surroundings.
- Keep doors locked and windows up as you drive through the facility.
- Park in a well-lit area.
- Keep valuables out of plain sight.
- Report suspicious activity or persons to parking facility security personnel.
- Lock your car when you leave.
- Approach your vehicle with your keys already in your hand.
- Look around your vehicle for any suspicious activity. If you are concerned for any reason, go in a different direction or go for help.
- Do a quick scan of your vehicle’s interior before unlocking the door. Be sure to look in the back seat.
- Change from high heels to low flats or even sneakers when leaving work.
- Be suspicious of anyone approaching your vehicle, whether passing out leaflets or asking for donations, or asking for help. Always leave the car windows up.
- Leave the parking spot immediately after seatbelts are fastened – don’t stay and write notes, balance checkbook, or talk on the cell phone.
- At night, leave your office or building in the company of others if possible.
- Within the Downtown business improvement district, contact the Downtown Tucson Partnership at (520) 940-1038 until 2:00 a.m. to escort you to your vehicle if there is no one to accompany you.
SAFETY STARTS WITH YOU
Parking Correctly near the Sun Link Streetcar
The Sun Link streetcar system operates mostly in vehicular travel lanes, often adjacent to on-street parking areas. Motorists must be mindful of the streetcar and its tracks as they travel through and park along the streetcar route. Parking in a manner that physically blocks the streetcar from proceeding along the tracks is a serious matter that impacts the operations of the entire system. The streetcar operates within a fixed loop route; when one streetcar is blocked and stopped, then all other Sun Link streetcars on the route must stop.
If not properly parked, a vehicle will block the streetcar from moving, forcing all the other streetcars in service then to stop as well, leaving passengers waiting to be picked up or transported. When parking on the street adjacent to streetcar tracks, all parts of your vehicle – including vehicle mirrors — must be within the marked white lines of the parking space. After you park in a street spot parallel to the tracks, exit, pause and check to ensure your vehicle is parked within the white lines. Park incorrectly and your vehicle will be towed to an impound lot. You will have to pay a $125 fine, towing costs and impound fees.