220 S. 5th Ave. • Tucson AZ 85701
Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Closed Sunday and Holidays
Center Supervisor: Donna Thomas - TPRD-Armory@tucsonaz.gov
Armory Park Center will be closed starting April 3 with an anticipated reopening date of May 1.
Jump to Facility Improvements
The Armory Park Center is located in Armory Park.
|Senior Activity Card||External Agencies' Services|
|Schedule of Activities||Volunteers|
FREE YOGA IN THE PARK AT ARMORY PARK – Join Tucson Parks and Recreation at Armory Park, 222 S. 5th Ave., Tuesdays from 12:30-1:30 p.m., March 7-April 11. Classes will be free for the first six weeks. Class is for all ages and skill levels. Bring a yoga mat and water. Register by emailing Ariana.Ruiz@tucsonaz.gov or calling (520) 791-4865. Drop-ins are welcome.
Armory Park website: https://www.tucsonaz.gov/parks/ArmoryPark
BARK IN THE BARRIO HAPPENING APRIL 8 - Join Tucson Parks and Recreation and Pima Animal Care Center (PACC) for Bark in the Barrio on Saturday, April 8, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Armory Park, 222 S. 5th Ave. See the new PACC mobile, play games, grab some food, listen to music, and visit local exhibitors. Dogs will be available for adoption.
|Dining room||Outdoor performance area|
|Fitness room||Outdoor restrooms|
|Gift shop||Picnic tables|
Improvements are coming to Armory Center! Armory Park Center will be closed starting April 3 with an anticipated reopen date of May 1.
- February: The north end of the building will be closed starting on Tuesday, Feb. 21. This closure will include public computers, pool tables, and the movie room. AARP tax services will continue in the Arts and Crafts room. Access the Arts and Crafts room from the outside door on the northeast side of the building.
- March: Painting and flooring projects will contine in the building.
- April: Armory Park Center will be closed starting on April 3 with an anticipated reopen date of May 1.
Senior Activity Card
- Pricing and information
- Ages 50 and older
- Required to participate in senior programs, services, and activities
- Includes activities, field trips, special events, and more
- See the Senior Programs page for more information
Weight Room Orientation Classes
- Participants must complete a 15-minute online orientation class before using fitness room equipment
- Participants ages 14-17 must be accompanied by an adult when taking an orientation class
- Participants ages 14 and 15 must be accompanied by an adult who has completed an orientation class
Schedule of Activities
Pick up a copy of our monthly Silver Threads Newsletter at the front desk. We have something for everyone!
Senior Meal Program
- Pre-registration is required. Call the center for more information or to register.
- Social activities and nutritious meals for people 60 and older.
- $2 suggested daily donation
- Meal served Monday-Friday, from 3-4 p.m.
Karaoke Birthday Party for Armory Members
Last Friday of the Month: 12:30 p.m.
Dates and times subject to change.
Health, Wellness, and Fitness
Monday: 10:30 a.m.
Monday: 11:30 a.m.
|Breathe n' Motion
Tuesday: 9:30 a.m.
|Fitness Dance Class
Thursday: 9:30 a.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m.
Saturday: 1:30 p.m.
|Pool & Billiards
Monday-Saturday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
3 regulation pool tables and one billiard table
Friday: 1 p.m. (refer to calendar)
Hobbies -- Interests -- Crafts
Last Wednesday of the month: 1:30 p.m.
|Arts and Crafts
Thursday: 11 a.m.
(Refer to calendar)
|Caring and Sharing
Thursday: 11 a.m.
Sit and share stories and experiences. Coffee
and refreshments will be served. (Refer to the calendar)
|We are now offering monthly field trips with transportation included. Sign-ups are required. Refer to the calendar for dates and times.|
Club #1 Membership Meetings are held every 3rd Tuesday of the month at 10:30 a.m. All Members are encouraged to attend.
Club #1 is an integral part of Armory Park Center. They enhance programming through fundraising and play a role in the decision processes and assist in program funding. Elections for the Club Board are held annually. There are ample opportunities ranging from President to Members at Large!
Gift Shop Open!
Club #1 is selling clothing, household items, and small gifts. Shop hours are dependent on volunteers' availability.
Buy and sell items at the indoor swap meet on the 2nd Tuesday of the month starting at 10 a.m. Tables to sell items cost $1 to benefit Club #1.
Armory Center would not be here if it weren’t for the help and support from our community and volunteers. If you would like to Volunteer at Armory Center call us at 520-791-4865 for more information.
External Agencies' Services
|AARP Income Tax Assistance
Tuesday and Wednesday by appointment
Pick up tax packet at front desk prior to appointment.
|Attorney General's Office
|Pima County Library Bookbike
First Tuesday of the month at 11 a.m.
Free books and reading glasses offered during this program. Open to the public.
|PCOA Elder Rights and Benefits
n Agencies' Services
External Agencies' ServicesExternal Agencies' Servic