1390 W. Speedway Boulevard • Tucson AZ 85745
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
Closed Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays
Center Supervisor: Donna Trujillo - TPRD-ElRio@tucsonaz.gov
The El Rio Center is located in El Rio Park.
|Center Use Rates||Amenities||Youth Programs|
|External Agencies' Services||Adult Programs||Senior Programs|
|Arts and crafts room||Covered basketball court|
|Conference room||Outdoor stage area|
|Kitchen||Splash pad (seasonal)|
Weight Room Orientation Classes
- Mondays at 12:30 p.m. and Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. (Sign-up begins 15 minutes in advance; space is limited).
- Parent/Guardian approval is required for all participants ages 14-17.
- Participants ages 14-17 must be accompanied by a parent/designated adult when taking an orientation class.
- Participants ages 14 and 15 must be accompanied by a designated adult, who has completed an orientation class, at all times while using Fitness Room equipment.
Schoolzout program (Ages 5-11)
This program is for youth 5-11 years old, (Kindergarten through 5th grade only) during out of school time (Fall, Holiday and Spring Break). Activities are supervised, engaging and fun. Includes games, sports, social interaction, dance, art projects, and nutrition-based learning activities. Contact Center staff or see the Youth Programs page for more information.
KIDCO program (Ages 5-11)
El Rio has school year KIDCO and summer KIDCO. For more information about the KIDCO program call 520-791-5909. Registration is through Registration Services at 520-791-4877. Fees vary based on time of the year.
Monday and Wednesday, 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, 6-7:45 p.m.
Thursday, 6-7 p.m.
Monday and Wednesday, 6:30 - 7:45 p.m.
Zumba - class offered through El Rio Health Center
Tuesday and Thursday, 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Monday and Wednesday, 6-7:45 p.m.
*Center's daily use cost applies
For ages 50+. Mondays and Thursdays, 1-3 p.m.
Senior Activity Card membership required ($25 City resident, $30 Non-City resident).
Activities for seniors ages 50+ include bingo, cards, bunco, guest speakers, crafts, exercise, field trips, cooking, special events, and more. Seniors have access to the weight room and gym on designated Club days at no additional cost.
We offer a meal program for seniors ages 60+ that is grant funded through Pima Council On Aging (PCOA. Meals are provided with the completion of free registration. Meal fees are donation only with a recommendation of $2.
Enhance Fitness is a class offered through Pima Council on Aging at the El Rio Center. This program offers four key components of fitness: strength training, flexibility, cardiovascular conditioning, and balance training critical to reducing the risk of falls. This class is taught by a certified instructor and accommodates all levels of fitness. Expect regular fitness checks along with a healthy dose of fun and socializing.
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Note: Additional fees apply through Pima Council on Aging.
We pick-up and drop-off seniors that live in the area. Join us for a day of fun, activities, food and the freedom from staying at home. Please call Diane at 520-837-8210 for more information about this great program.
- Nutrition Class
- Guest Speakers
- Food Plus program Tasty Tidbits (cooking) - Monday, 10-11 a.m.
- Bingo - Friday, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Crafts - Wednesday, 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- Memory Game (improve your memory skills) - Tuesday, 9:30 a.m.
- Games - Tuesday and Thursday, 9:30 a.m.
- Health and blood pressure - 1st and 3rd Wednesday each month
- Field trips - dates/times vary
El Rio Branch Library – 520-594-5245
Monday and Tuesday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Wednesday and Thursday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Pima College – Adult Education – 520-206-3800
Monday - Friday, times vary
- G.E.D. for Adults – Year-Round
- Citizenship Class
PCOA Senior Advocacy
Tuesday, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Senior Health Check – 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the Month, 9-11 a.m.
Nosotros Day Care – 520-623-5912