We encourage you to visit your parks and facilities. To ensure a pleasant park experience for all, please follow the rules listed below. Please note that these are general park rules and park-specific rules and restrictions may be posted in individual parks. Inappropriate conduct, violation of park rules, or violation of City and State laws may result in the loss of park privileges, seizure of property, and/or prosecution.
|General Park Rules||Tucson City Code|
|Prohibited Items and Activities||Arizona Revised Statutes|
|Use of Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Drones)|
- Park in designated parking lots only. No motorized vehicles on park grounds. TCC 21-3 (4)(3)
- Dispose of litter properly in receptacles where provided.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times. TCC 4-97 Clean up pet waste. TCC 4-102
- Use skateboards, roller skates, and rollerblades in designated areas only. TCC 20-28 (B)
- Fires allowed in grills only. Leave ash in grills for disposal by park staff.
- Respect area wildlife. Do not feed wildlife.
- Special Events, metal detecting, amusement equipment (e.g. jumping castles, kiddie trains, pony rides), amplified music, food distribution, and beer/wine drinking and commercial vending are allowed by permit only and may not be permissible in all parks.
for more information and to obtain permits. (520) 791-4873
- Exceptions may be granted for certain activities associated with Special Events.
The following items and activities are prohibited on park property:
- Glass containers. TCC 21-3 (3)(3)
- Trespassing when park is closed. TCC 21-3 (7)
- Overnight parking, camping, or storing of personal items.
- Disposing of residential or commercial trash on park grounds or in park containers.
- Hitting golf balls, hunting, target shooting, or archery. TCC 21-3 (5)(5)
- Vending without Park Department-issued permit.
- Drones or remote control aircraft except at the designated area in Christopher Columbus Park.
- Model rockets or fireworks.
- Feeding wildlife, damaging or removing natural resources, or climbing trees.
- Destruction of, damage to, or removal of City property.
For detailed information, please see the Tucson City Code below.
The use of small unmanned aircraft systems (e.g. sUAS, UAS, drones, and remote- or radio-controlled aircraft such as airplanes, helicopters, and quadcopters) is prohibited in City of Tucson parks, with the exception of Christopher Columbus Park's Model Airplane Field and adjacent turf area, per the following regulations:
- Arizona Revised Statutes 13-3729
- Federal Code of Regulations Title 14, Part 107
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Small Unmanned Aircraft Rule Part 107
Christopher Columbus Park: Christopher Columbus Park's model airplane field and adjacent turf areas have been designated for the use of model, unmanned aircraft including control line aircraft, RC aircraft, and UAS. Archer Lake has been designated for the use of model boats and UMX (ultralight micro, under 8 oz.) float flying aircraft. UAS, drones, model boat, and UMX aircraft use is prohibited at Silverbell Lake.
The information provided below is hosted by American Legal Publishing Corporation. The documents that appear may not reflect the most current legislation adopted by the City and are provided for informational purposes only.
For more information about the Tucson City Code, or to see the entire Tucson City Code, please visit the City Clerk's Office website.
Article 1 Operation and Regulation of Parks (partial list)
Sec. 21-1 Definitions
Sec. 21-2 Operation of parks under director
Sec. 21-3 Regulations regarding park use
Sec. 21-4 Permits, licenses, and reservations
Sec. 21-5 Regulation of activities in areas adjacent to or affecting parks
Sec. 21-6 Enforcement
Sec. 21-7 Penalties
Sec. 21-8 Consumption of malt beverages