We encourage you to visit your parks and facilities. To ensure a pleasant park experience for all, please follow the rules listed below. Please note that these are general park rules and park-specific rules and restrictions may be posted in individual parks. Inappropriate conduct, violation of park rules, or violation of City and State laws may result in the loss of park privileges, seizure of property, and/or prosecution.
|General Park Rules||Tucson City Code|
|Free Food and Beverage Distribution Permit||Arizona Revised Statutes|
|Use of Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Drones)||Animal Ordinances|
- No persons or property may remain in the park while park is closed. TCC 21-2b and TCC 21-3 (7)
- Park in designated parking lots only. No motorized vehicles on park grounds. TCC 21-3 (4)(3)
- No overnight parking, camping, or storing of personal items. TCC 21-3(5)(4)
- Construct or erect any building or structure of whatever kind, whether permanent or temporary in character, or run or string any public service utility into, upon or across park land. TCC 21-3(1)
- No glass containers. TCC 21-3 (3)(3)
- Dispose of litter properly in receptacles where provided.
- No disposing of residential or commercial trash on park grounds or in park containers.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times. TCC 4-97 Clean up pet waste. TCC 4-102 TCC 21-3(7)(b)
- No hitting golf balls, hunting, target shooting, or archery. TCC 21-3 (5)(5)
- Use skateboards, roller skates, and rollerblades in designated areas only. TCC 20-28 (B)
- Fires allowed in grills only. Leave ash in grills for disposal by park staff.
- Respect area wildlife. Do not feed wildlife.
- No drones or remote control aircraft except at the designated area in Christopher Columbus Park.
- No Model rockets or fireworks.
- No destruction of, damage to, or removal of City property.
- Weapons on City property see Arizona Revised statute 13-3102.01
- Special Events, metal detecting, amusement equipment (e.g. jumping castles, kiddie trains, pony rides), amplified music, food distribution, and beer/wine drinking and commercial vending are allowed by permit only and may not be permissible in all parks.
- Free Food and Beverage Distribution Permit
- No vending without Park Department-issued permit. TCC 21-3(6)
- Included advertising and signs
for more information and to obtain permits. (520) 791-4873
- Exceptions may be granted for certain activities associated with Special Events.
For detailed information on each code visit Tucson City Code website.
- Disposal and accumulation of manure, animal bedding and body waste of domestic animals and pets
- Dogs at Large
- Service animals
Submit a Pet Waste Complaint to Pima County here.
The use of small unmanned aircraft systems (e.g. sUAS, UAS, drones, and remote- or radio-controlled aircraft such as airplanes, helicopters, and quadcopters) is prohibited in City of Tucson parks, with the exception of Christopher Columbus Park's Model Airplane Field and adjacent turf area, per the following regulations:
- Arizona Revised Statutes 13-3729
- Federal Code of Regulations Title 14, Part 107
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Small Unmanned Aircraft Rule Part 107
Christopher Columbus Park: Christopher Columbus Park's model airplane field and adjacent turf areas have been designated for the use of model, unmanned aircraft including control line aircraft, RC aircraft, and UAS. Archer Lake has been designated for the use of model boats and UMX (ultralight micro, under 8 oz.) float flying aircraft. UAS, drones, model boat, and UMX aircraft use is prohibited at Silverbell Lake.
The information provided below is hosted by American Legal Publishing Corporation. The documents that appear may not reflect the most current legislation adopted by the City and are provided for informational purposes only.
For more information about the Tucson City Code, or to see the entire Tucson City Code, please visit the City Clerk's Office website.