1000 S. Randolph Way • Tucson AZ 85716
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Closed Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays
Center Supervisor: Beth Lucas - TPRD-Therapeutics@tucsonaz.gov
The Therapeutic Recreation Center is located in Gene C. Reid Park.
Our mission is to provide programs that develop and enhance lifelong recreational pursuits for people with disabilities through adaptive, aquatic and inclusive recreation opportunities.
|Amenities||Inclusion Services||Youth Programs|
|Virtual Programs||Behavior Expectations||Teen and Adult Programs|
|Arts and crafts room||Enclosed backyard|
Therapeutic Recreation is offering 4 virtual programs on Zoom for teens and adults with disabilities. Programs include virtual field trips and virtual game night. Email Liddie.MacNeil@tucsonaz.gov or call
Recreation Inclusion provides opportunities for youth and adults, with and without special needs or disabilities to experience recreation and leisure time together.
If you have any inquiries regarding adaptive or inclusion services, email Becca.Heinze@tucsonaz.gov or call 520-837-8060.
As in all programs offered by Parks and Recreation, the expectation of every participant is to follow the basic rules of conduct.
A participant may be excluded from a program if their presence poses a direct threat to the health or safety of others, or requires a fundamental alteration of the program.
Monthly Social Dance
First Saturday of each month from 6-8 p.m. Dances are co-sponsored by Old Pueblo Civitan. To register, please call 791-4504.
- Cartooning for ages 8-12
- Summer programs for individuals with developmental disabilities, ages 3-22
- Summer programs for individuals with developmental disabilities for ages 3-22
- Recreational Bowling for ages 14+, all disabilities, Wednesday afternoons at Lucky Strike Lanes
- Central Social Club for ages 22+ with developmental disabilities, Tuesday and Thursday evenings at the Therapeutic Recreation Center
- Special Olympics Swim Team for ages 8+ (starts in June)
- Special Olympics Bowling for ages 18+ (starts in October)
- Special Olympics Basketball (starts in December)
- Multiple Sclerosis Social Group for all ages.
- Open Recreation for ages 14+, Monday evenings, $1 fee
- Multiple Sclerosis Support Group, 1st Tuesday afternoon of each month at the Therapeutic Recreation Center
- Art for ages 16+
- Monthly Community Exploration Meetups for 18+
- Wellness Walks on Mondays