Tucson Parks and Recreation Power Wheels Fun Race
Ages 3-8 - Saturday, April 15, 2023
900 S. Randolph Way
Register at EZEEreg.com beginning Mar 6, at 8 a.m.
3-4 years - Start at 10 a.m.
5-6 years – Start at 11 a.m. (time is approximate; start after 3–4-years)
7-8 years – Start at Noon (time is approximate; start after 5-6 years)
Safety Gear and Attire
- Participants will be required to wear at a minimum, a bicycle helmet, jeans or similar long pants and tennis shoes or boots. Flip flops, sandals or open toe footwear are NOT permitted.
- First-Aid and water station will be available
- Stock Power Wheels Only. No modifications are permitted. Must have four wheels.
- Only battery Power Wheels permitted. Max 12-volt battery.
- Vehicles will be inspected at check in.
- The drivers body must be fully contained in the vehicles. Vehicles where the legs are on the outside (example 4-wheelers or tractors) are not allowed.
- Must sit in the vehicle, not a sit on vehicle.
- Traction devices or studs are not allowed in tires.
- No bumpers, weights, or anything to reinforce the vehicle is allowed.
- Each child must have their own vehicle. No riders allowed.
- Only one parent/guardian is allowed in the Power Wheels infield. This person is allowed to walk along the inside of the track to help encourage.
- All other parents and fans can cheer from the sidelines
Open to boys and girls ages 3-8 years old. COED races.
- 3-4 years– Start at 10 a.m.
- 5 -6 years – Start at 11 a.m. (time is approximate; start after 3–4-years)
- 7-8 years – Start at Noon (time is approximate; start after 5-6 years)
We will run heats; 5 to 6 vehicles at a time. Placing in heats determines when they will race again. Each child is guaranteed two races. Races will continue until there are 5 to 6 racers left who will then compete in the Championship heat.
- No day of registration. Parents/guardians must register by April 11 online at Ezeereg.com.
- Cost: $5.00 per racer.
- Maximum of 50 racers per age group.
- All participants will receive a participation ribbon. Trophies will be given to top three places that run in the championship heat per class/age group.
Day of the Race
- Check in:
- 9-9:30am for 3-4 years
- 10-10:30am for 5-6 years
- 11-11:30am for 7-8 years
- All racers must be checked in 30 minutes prior to their division start times.
- Vehicle inspections at the time of check in. Then vehicles are put in the staging area.
- Vehicles will be given a number at check in. The number must be taped to each side of the vehicle.
- Practice lap. Each participant will get one practice lap prior to the races beginning.
- 9:30-9:40am for 3-4 years
- 10:30-10:40am for 5-6 years
- 11:30-11:40am for 7-8 years
- Driver’s/pit parent meeting 15 minutes prior to the first race in each age division.
- 3-4 years at 9:45am
- 5-6 years at 10:45am
- 7-8 years at 11:45am
- Drivers are not allowed to get out of their vehicles until the race stops or an official tells them to.