Reservations and Rentals


How to Make a Reservation

Typical ramada

  1. Search for the availability and amenities to plan your event.
  2. Call or visit Tucson Parks and Recreation Administration (900 S. Randolph Way) 520-791-4873, option 3, to make your reservation.
  • When you make your reservation you will be asked the type of event (picnic, family reunion, special event, tournament) and number of attendees.
  • If your activity is open to the public, you may be required to obtain liability insurance.
  • For parties of more than 200 people, a letter describing your event is required.
  • Always have your reservation permit with you during your event.

Facility Use Waiver

Payment Due Dates

  • Payment is due within 7 days from the date that you make the reservation. If you make a reservation for the coming weekend, payment will be due by Noon on Thursday. 
  • Your reservation will automatically be cancelled if full payment is not received by the due date.

Payment Types

  • Credit/Debit Cards
    (VISA, MasterCard, DiscoverCard or American Express)
  • Checks or Money Orders
    (payable to the City of Tucson)
    May be mailed and must include the reservation number.
  • Cash


  • To receive a refund, all cancellation requests must be made at least one (1) business day prior to the reservation by calling  520-791-4873, option 3.
  • To receive a refund for beer permits, the actual permit must be returned to the Tucson Parks and Recreation Administration prior to the event.
  • No refunds will be issued after the reservation date.

City Resident/Non-City Resident Fees

When making your reservation you will be required to provide your address to confirm you are City of Tucson resident.

Different rates or fees (pdf) apply to City residents and non-City residents for many programs and services.


If your event is rained out, please call 791-4873, option 3 within five (5) working days after event to receive credit for the rainout and/or to reschedule your event.

No Glass Containers

For safety reasons, glass containers are prohibited in City parks.

Clean Up/Damages Responsibility

Damage and/or litter to park facilities may result in repair or cleaning charges and may jeopardize your right to make future reservations. Upon firming a reservation, a customer agrees to clean up the area of use at the conclusion of the event. Failure to clean up may result in a cleaning deposit for future use. Please help to keep our parks clean for other users!


Some ramadas are equipped with electricity, picnic tables, grills, nearby playground equipment, comfort stations and other amenities that will make any outing a delight.

Check out detailed information, including availability, on all our ramadas.

  • Parks and Recreation does not guarantee the availability of power due to overloading, malfunctions or vandalism.
  • The Department provides picnic tables throughout the parks but cannot guarantee their replacement at specific ramadas, due to mobility of this equipment.
  • Picnic tables in the park are available on a first come, first served basis.
  • Barbecue grills are provided throughout the parks for your enjoyment. Open-pit fires are prohibited.
Reservation Times
Full day 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
Ramada Fees

Beer/Wine Permits

Consumption of beer or wine in a City park requires a permit issued to the responsible party for the event. Permits must be obtained in person at Tucson Parks and Recreation Administration Office (900 S. Randolph Way). Beer/wine permit holders must follow these City guidelines (pdf).

Vendor Permit Information

Tucson Parks and Recreation offers three types of vendor permits, Quarterly, Special Events and Daily. Vendors must follow these City guidelines (pdf).

Ice Cream Vendor Permits are in a Lottery System.

  • Lottery is held at Tucson Parks and Recreation Administration (900 S. Randolph Way) for more information contact (520) 791-4873, Ext. 5.
  • Vendor permits are issued on two month basis.

Special Event and Daily Vendor Permit Information

  • Special event permits are issued for a specific park in conjunction with a special event
  • Daily fees are required for the duration of the event

Amusement Equipment

The rules for use are:

If you are a vendor and wish to be added to the approved provider list, contact Parks Administration at 520-791-4873, option 3 for details.

Live or Amplified Music in Parks

Live music or amplified music must be approved through Tucson Parks and Recreation Administration Office.


  • Music must be kept at a reasonable level to avoid disturbance to other park users and nearby residents
  • All music must conclude by sundown (6:00 pm in McCormick & Reid Parks) unless otherwise approved in writing by the Director of Tucson Parks and Recreation.
  • Park hours must be observed as posted
  • Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in loss of amplified music privileges

Ballfield and Court Reservations

Basketball court

A wide variety of ballfields and play courts are available in parks throughout the community. Many have lighting to accommodate evening use.

Look at detailed information on our baseball, little league, multi-purpose, soccer and softball fields or courts. Reserve with Sports Unit at 791-4870.

Fees vary according to the facility. You can learn about facility use fees prior to making your reservation by visiting the Rates and Fees section.

When reserving a ramada, ballfield, or court, you must indicate the type of activity planned. If an activity is open to the public, proof of liability insurance may be required.

Picnics, Parties and Weddings

The City of Tucson Parks and Recreation Department has a variety of facilities that can comfortably accommodate meetings, picnics, parties and weddings. For more information call 520-791-4873, option 3.

  • A variety of ramadas are available for reservations throughout the City offering ample outdoor space for family picnics and parties
  • Meeting/conference rooms of varying size, many with kitchen facilities, can accommodate indoor wedding receptions and parties. Reservations are made by calling the center directly
  • Our golf course clubhouses are also available for celebrations; these facilities offer full-service catering and refreshments
  • Your special occasion can be held at one of our special places