Construction sites can apply to work before permitted hours

As temperatures continue to rise and we head into the summer months, construction sites may need to seek a Temporary Noise Exemption to begin work prior to the normal permitted hours. 

How do you apply to work before the temperatures start rising? The submittal must contain all the items listed below:

  • Complete Application for Temporary Exemption to Noise Ordinance (this form)
  • Letter outlining specific dates, times, action taking place during off-hours (i.e. approximate yardage of concrete being moved, number of trucks, etc.)
  • Copy of Notification made to surrounding property owners and tenants within 150' of property boundary
  • Map or List of Surrounding Property Owners to be notified within 150' of property boundary
  • Copy of TDOT Right of Way Permit or Application (if applicable)
  • Copy of contract with TPD for off-duty officers (if applicable)
  • Copy of Track Access permit submitted to SunLink (if applicable)

Click here to find out more information about the application process and to fill out an application.