Posted December 21, 2022
On December 20, 2022, Mayor and Council unanimously approved an amendment to the Unified Development Code to update and extend the Infill Incentive District (IID) beyond its sunset date of January 31, 2023.
With a focus on incentivizing affordable housing development and continued encouragement of sustainable infill development, pedestrian-friendly, and transit-oriented neighborhoods, and protecting historic and cultural resources, the IID updates include changes to:
- Allow residential development in industrial zones
- Incentivize affordable housing
- Update and clarify design standards for Downtown Links / Stone Ave Corridor
- Integrate the Individual Parking Plan (IPP) into the IID
- Extend the IID boundary along portions of:
- W Congress St in Menlo Park
- N Stone Ave, and N Main Ave in Dunbar Spring
- N 13th Ave in Barrio Blue Moon
- Make minor text clarifications
- Remove the sunset date
A proposal to expand the IID to include the western portion of the former Nearmont Landfill was removed from the update to allow for the Menlo Park Neighborhood Plan to be completed, which will document community priorities and goals for the future use of the site.
Additional background on this item, as well as the outreach process for the update and history of the IID can be found here.