Explorers have a unique opportunity to serve their community by volunteering with the Tucson Police Department.
- Be 14 to 20 years of age
- Have a parent or guardian's permission if you're under 18
- Commit to maintain a C average or better in school
- Have a strong interest in learning about law enforcement and serving the community
- Be dedicated and attend at least 25% of Explorer functions and meetings
- Have no felony or serious misdemeanor arrests
- Prior police contact is not disqualifying. Candidates will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
You must complete a one-week summer academy to be eligible for the following:
- Participate in ride-alongs with Tucson Police Officers
- Travel to competitions in other states
- Seek promotional opportunities within the post