COVID-19 UPDATES – last updated March 31, 2020
Sun Tran and Sun Van are currently operating regular bus schedules.
Sun Link has reduced hours to the summer schedule. View the streetcar schedule at sunlinkstreetcar.com
Transit fares will be waived through at least April 17 as the effort to protect the health and safety of the community continues throughout the city.
For the safety of our drivers, except for persons using mobility devices, riders will enter and exit the bus from the rear access door. A yellow line and rope have been placed behind the driver to help promote social distancing.
On the vehicles, Sun Tran and Sun Link passengers are asked to observe safe social distancing of at least six feet away from each other when possible.
SPECIAL SERVICES OFFICE – CLOSED
The Special Services Office is closed until further notice due to COVID-19.
To load passes and value on SunGO Cards, go to a Ticket Vending Machine at any Transit Center, any Fry’s Food Store, or online at suntran.com.
To load money to a Sun Van account, call (520) 791-4100.
LOST & FOUND
Lost & Found will hold items for four (4) days before processing.
Sun Tran, Sun Van, and Sun Link are taking steps to help protect our workers and riders from the spread of Coronavirus, known as COVID-19. We are currently taking the following actions to clean and disinfect vehicles and common areas:
- Disinfecting all high-use, common areas – handrails, grab bars, poles, and pull cords – with an industrial-grade disinfectant every night.
- Distributing hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes to all drivers. Drivers can use the wipes to clean their work areas, especially the steering wheel, as needed.
- Installing hand sanitizer dispensers at multiple locations at Sun Tran, Sun Link, and Sun Van and the transit centers.
PREVENTING THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
All staff members and passengers are also encouraged to take the same steps recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) to protect themselves and others from harmful germs, including:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Covering your cough or sneeze with your elbow or a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Staying home if you are sick
For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Pima County, visit pima.gov\covid19.
The Transit Services Division provides administrative services and coordination for the activities of the public transportation system, which includes fixed-route bus service, Sun Tran, paratransit service for persons with disabilities, Sun Van, and streetcar service, Sun Link. Private sector management companies operate the transit, and paratransit systems, with all operating equipment and vehicles being owned by the City. Transit Services coordinates its management oversight with the transit contractors and acts as a liaison with City Departments, other governmental entities, and citizen groups for transit service delivery in the Tucson Metropolitan Area.
2019 City of Tucson On-Board Transit Survey Final Report