Pima Community College is using a new Veterans Upward Bound grant to provide free services to help separating military personnel and veterans to enter and succeed in post-secondary education.
The College will receive a total of $1.319 million over the next five years under a TRiO grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
The goal of Veterans Upward Bound is to serve 125 eligible first-generation/low-income veterans. It is designed to help participants build critical skills, with opportunities for personal development, training and educational advancement. Among the free services offered are:
- Academic, financial and career counseling and mentorship
- Instruction, tutoring and education refresher courses
- Help navigating veteran benefits
- Assistance with college/university and financial aid applications
- College prep and tutoring services
- High school equivalency and GED® test preparation
- Community referrals for veterans supportive services
VUB is open to qualifying veterans and family members, regardless of whether they are enrolled at PCC. For more information, call 520.206.7637.