Note: Due to fluctuations in staffing during this time, rebates and credits may take up to 12 weeks to process. Please be patient.
On average, laundry accounts for 16% of a household’s water use. Upgrading to a high-efficiency clothes washer can save energy and thousands of gallons of water a year, reducing utility bills by as much as $100 annually.
The rebate can help recoup the additional cost of a high-efficiency clothes washer within the first year of purchase, depending on the model purchased.
*If you applied and purchased a product before the new policy was implemented on July 1, 2022, you may still qualify for a rebate if you meet the requirements for the old rebate policy. Click here for more information.
- $200 rebate for replacing a top-load with a front-load clothes washer from the qualifying product list.
- $100 rebate for replacing an old front-load with a new front-load clothes washer from the qualifying product list.
- $100 rebate for new customers, not replacing a clothes washer and purchasing a product from the qualifying product list.
- Current Tucson Water customer.
- Active water service; water must be turned on at the time of purchase.
- Only one rebate per customer, per household allowed.
- Customers can apply once every 5 years at the same location if purchase of subsequent washer is made 5 years after previous rebate approval.
- Old machine must be removed and not used again.
- Washer must be on Tucson Water’s Clothes Washer Qualifying Product List at the time of purchase.
- Clothes washers purchased on or after July 1, 2022 are subject to the new rebate policy. Applications and purchases made before this date are subject to the old rebate policy.
Clothes Washer Qualifying Product List
The Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) evaluates the efficiency of appliances for both water and energy use so that rebate programs and manufacturers can work together to offer efficient products. Tucson Water provides a Clothes Washer Qualifying Product List of models that are water efficient, based on CEE criteria.
Clothes Washer Qualifying Product List (1.5 MB) (last update August 15, 2022)
For more information about high-efficiency washers and the term "water factors," visit the Home Water Works web page . Please note that this is not the clothes washer qualifying list.
For more information, call 520-791-4331, or email Tucson Water's Public Information and Conservation Office (PICO).
Esta información está disponible en Español. Por favor llame al 520-791-4331.