The City is pleased to partner with Paymentus to provide paperless utility billing and payment services. Features of the new online system include:
- Secure log-in where customers can save account and payment method details
- Ability to set up recurring payments using credit/debit card or e-check (bank draft)
- Email or text message (SMS) notification when a bill has been issued
- Convenient text-to-pay option
- Bills in PDF format for easy viewing and/or printing
What is Paymentus?
Paymentus is a national company which partners with utilities to provide secure, convenient electronic interactions with customers. The City of Tucson has partnered with this company to offer an online payment portal to our customers.
When will the online payment portal be available for enrollment?
8 a.m., June 17, 2020.
Where do I go to enroll in the new online payment portal?
How do I enroll in the new online payment portal to manage my utility payments?
Instructions are posted at tucsonaz.gov/payutility
Are there any convenience fees assessed to customers using the portal?
No. There are no additional fees added to your utility bill if you choose to pay online.
How will I know my information is secure?
Paymentus, the City of Tucson’s online utility payment processor, maintains strict controls throughout its infrastructure, application, people, and processes that provide a secure and safe environment for processing payments. All data is protected with SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption, and Paymentus follows all security measures required through PCI-DSS Compliance (Level 1).
I already have an online utility payment account in the previous system (Click2Gov). Do I have to set up a new profile with Paymentus?
Yes. For security reasons, your previous online profile cannot be transferred to the new system. You must set up a new online profile with Paymentus to take advantage of the additional benefits of the online portal including the continuation of recurring payments.
I pay my utility bill through an online bill payment service provided by my bank. Do I have to set up a new profile with Paymentus?
No. If you have arranged for bill payment through your bank, you do not need to change anything or set up a new profile.
- eCheck (bank draft) customers must enroll in the new system in order to continue recurring payments. For security reasons, the accounts will not be transferred into the new system.
- Click2Gov, the place where customers go to make one-time payments, is being replaced by the new online payment portal.
- Customers will no longer need to sign into two places to make a one-time payment and view a bill.
- Recurring payment options are no longer restricted to just eCheck (bank draft). Customers may use eCheck, credit card, or debit card. (See separate question regarding minimum and maximum thresholds).
- Password resets and changes to recurring payments can all be done online via the self-service portal.
What are the minimum and maximum thresholds that I should be aware of when it comes to payment options?
- The minimum dollar amount per transaction for all payment options is $10.
- The maximum dollar amount per transaction for eCheck (bank draft) is $100,000.
- The maximum dollar amount per transaction for credit/debt card is $1,000.
- The maximum number of payments that can be made each month per account is 5.
Can I just make a payment without creating a username/password?
Yes. A new link for one-time payment will be posted to this page on June 17.
Can I set up multiple accounts? Can I access them under one log-in and password?
Yes. One of the additional benefits of the online payment portal is the ability to add multiple accounts using the same profile. When you receive your new account number for the new address, simply add the new account to your Paymentus profile. Enrollment instructions will be posted to this site on June 17.
When is my payment credited to my account?
Payments will be credited to your account in real-time.
Can I select my preferred payment due date?
While you cannot select your own due date for the bill, you can choose the date that you would like to process payment in the online portal.
How much notice do I have to give you to stop auto-payments?
One full business day.
Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
The following resources are available to assist customers:
NEW ACCOUNT SET UP - If you need help setting up a NEW bill pay account in the online portal, call (520) 791-3253.
HELP WITH EXISTING ACCOUNT - If you need help solving a technical issue for an EXISTING account already set up in the new online payment portal, call (800) 420-1663.
UTILITY BILL QUESTIONS - If you have a question about the utility bill, call (520) 791-3242 or (800) 598-9449.